Hope and Me | Launceston
Launceston’s Hope & Me is a gorgeous Tasmanian business full of beautifully curated gifts, artwork, homewares, furniture and sleepwear.
It’s located in the Quadrant Mall which helps set the tone for a tranquil shopping experience.
Hope & Me was founded by Lindi McMahon who has a keen eye for beautiful products and interior design. Her daughter Chelsea, who’s middle name is Hope, was the inspiration for the name. Chelsea has been attending the trade shows from a young age, helping Lindi choose which products to stock. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and it appears Chelsea has a natural talent - just like her mum.
Lindi gathers style inspiration from lots of sources and claims:
- she’d be hopeless if she had to build her own home because she’d never be able to pick a style (highly unlikely - she’d be freaking amazing at it)
- she’s a sucker for great packaging (a very relatable, real life problem)
- she loves supporting local and Australian products, with a few items from New Zealand, Austria, and France thrown in the mix (we can forgive her for that)
Lindi opened the doors in 2009 in the midst of the global financial crises taking the risky plunge after uncertainty arose at the work she was doing previously. It’s a gamble that’s well and truly paid off.
Launceston’s eagerness to support Lindi at Hope and Me is a reflection of the consistent quality and range of stock that fills the shelves and hangers - all cleverly chosen by Lindi and Chelsea. But there may be more to it than that, it may also be a reciprocation of the support Lindi and her team: Tracie; Robyn; and Kristie, offer the Launceston community. Delve deeper into Lindi’s passions and you’ll find she’s a vocal advocate for local businesses and various charitable causes. As are her staff.
- Running the Get Vocal Buy Local Facebook page promoting local business
- Involvement in Lifting the Lid on Mental Health
- Involvement in the the Motor Neuron Disease gala ball committee
- Responsible for the Mad Hatters Twilight Festival
With a list like that it’s a wonder Lindi has any spare time at all! Apparently she’s Wonder Woman though because she also provides in-home styling and ready-for-sale styling.
When I asked Lindi what experience she wants to create for her customers her response was:
“For me it’s not all about the sale, of course that’s very important, but I wanted to create an environment where people felt relaxed, appreciated, and cared for. I wanted it to be a reflection of me and my values. I hope that people can see that I’ve put my heart and soul into it, and that I appreciate anyone who wants to be a part of it”.
This is one beautiful local business with an absolute heart of gold.
To find Hope & Me online visit their website.