The Lounge by Frogmore Creek | Hobart Waterfront
The Lounge by Frogmore Creek waterfront restaurant
Franklin Wharf on Hobart's waterfront, Tasmania
Make a booking or find more information on the Frogmore Creek website
The Lounge by Frogmore Creek boasts an incredible menu, harbour views, and a gorgeous, elegant fitout. It was the perfect destination for David and my wedding anniversary lunch.
From the minute we were seated we had a great time. David, Teddy and I felt so welcomed and well looked after. The Frogmore Creek team are particularly adept at combining sophisticated flavours and surrounds with a casual, fun atmosphere. Instead of trying to choose off the menu we let the kitchen choose dishes for us. Every dish was completely scrumptious and we had no idea what would be served next. The knowledgeable waiters were able to match our wines superbly so we didn’t have to make any decisions at all - which I love.
It’s hard to choose a favourite dish as each one was delicious but I think the stand out was the scallops. The flavours, textures, and presentation were so beautiful. The desserts were pretty mind blowing so make sure you order one each - you won’t want to share!
There were beautiful colours and textures in both the food and the plush surrounds. Executive Chef and Hospitality Director, Ruben, has a hand in both these elements. National Marketing Manager Shelley informed me that she and Ruben “designed the space from the base build, plus curated every inch of the interior - which included a trip to Shanghai to design the furniture, glassware, and cutlery, and to hand select the crockery. They have a fine eye for detail because the place looks amazing!
The Frogmore Creek brand has been around since 2002 and most Tasmanians would be familiar with the Frogmore Creek Cellar Door and Restaurant near Richmond. The brand is continuing to evolve and The Lounge by Frogmore Creek opened its doors on Hobart’s waterfront in October 2017.
A big thank you to Shelley for inviting us, and to Ruben, Erin, and the whole Frogmore Creek team for ensuring we had such an exceptional dining experience. You guys are amazing!
The dishes in order of appearance:
1. Sustainably sourced Mottra Caviar amuse bouche:
2. Smoked salmon with prawn and potato salad, avocado creme, sour cream, lemon jelly, wasabi mayonnaise, and brioche croutons:
3. Steamed scallops with almond cream, celery, grapes, spring onions, and black garlic:
4. Grilled prawn with chilli rays, finger lime, flowers, and smoked dried oyster:
5. Chargrilled octopus, chorizo, and pineapple skewers with tikka masala mayonnaise, and potato croutons:
6. Tataki of wagyu beef on mini steamed buns with soy and ginger glaze, and pickled carrot:
7. Beef tartare cones:
8. Then came our epic desserts (all three of them)!